Frequently Asked Questios
1. Yes, it is. This course fulfill the Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course, a mandatory course that all divorcing parents who live in Florida must complete before the judge signs the final dissolution of marriage.
2. Yes, it is. Both, the online version and the classroom version of this course has been approved by the Florida Department of Children and Family and the courts in the State of Florida to fulfill the Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course.
5. No, we wouldn't want you to do that. You can login in and out of the course as many times as necessary. The course will save the chapter you were reading, and when you log back in, you can continue reading the same chapter without having to start the course all over again. Just make sure you read all the material and complete all the exercises from that particular chapter before you move on to the next one. We recommend you choose a block of time between 1 and 2 hours where you can sit in your computer without any distractions in order to maximize your learning experience.
6. Yes, you do. At the end of the course, you will be presented with the option of printing or downloading your certificate to the computer. We recommend that you download the certificate, that way you can keep a copy for yourself. Most computer already come with PDF reader already installed. If your doesn't, you can download a free pdf reader, which will allow you to open, print and save pdf files. You can download free the pdf reader here, and if you want more information about pdf files, here is an explanation.
7. No. Surviving Divorce: A Guide for Parents is for the parents only. Some district courts require children to attend a separate course designed specifically for children. The most common children divorce course is called "Sand Castle" That particular course is not available online and you must contact the providers directly.
complete the registration, you will be taken to a secure site where
you will select your payment method. You can pay with your credit card,
debit card, electronic check and even Paypal if you have a paypal
account. Once the payment is processed, you are taken back to the course
and your account will be automatically activated.
11. If you are a new user, you must go to the registration page by clicking on the login link on the top right corner of the main page. From there, just click "Create a new account" You must select a user name and password that is at least 4 character long. Enter the rest of the information and make sure you enter a working email address. Once the registration is completed, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your registration by clicking on a link. After the registration is complete, you will be taken to the payment site.
12. First check your junk email box. Sometimes confirmation emails are send there because they are mistaken as spam. Also give your email provider a couple of minutes to receive the email. If after a while you haven't receive it yet, you can request a second email to be sent. If the problem continues, please contact the administrator, so your account can be activated manually.
13. If you prefer to take the classroom course, you can call us at 1-877-695-4377 to see when the next class will be available in your area.
14. Yes, we are an authorized distance learning provider, therefore if you don't have access to a computer for a long period of time, you can request that the course be mailed to you. However there is an additional $5.00 fee for mailing the course and the certificate to you.
15. No. Each parent must take the course independently. Even if you both sit in the computer together, the certificate can only be issued under one person, not both. Each parent must present a certificate of completion under their name separately.
16. If you have an attorney, provide him/her with a copy of your certificate. We recommend you don't fax the certificate, as the fax might distort or make the certificate unreadable. Since you have the option of downloading the certificate, you can do so and email your attorney a copy. If you do not have an attorney, you can print the certificate and present it to the judge the date of your hearing.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to call us at 1-877-695-4377